Sport News 35:
Popular Thai Boxing rings in Bangkok
Nowadays there are many Thai boxing rings in Bangkok because the MuayThai is very popular sport. However, Rajadamnern Stadium and Lumpini Stadium are more popular than the other stadiums. If you love to see Thai boxing, I suggest you visit the stadiums.
History of Rajadamnern Stadium:
Rajadamnern Stadium is one of seven standard boxing rings in Thailand. Former Prime Minister Field Marshal P. Pibulsongkram was an establisher the stadium by ordered the office of the Crown Property to build the stadium. The stadium was built in B.E.2484 (C.E.1941) before the World War II and finished in B.E.2488 (C.E.1945). There were many famous boxers that have been champions of Rajadamnern stadium such as Phon KingPhet, Chatchai ChiaoNoi, Phayao PhunTharat, KhaoSai KaLaekSi and RatTaNaPon S.Worapin. The Rajadamnern Co Ltd has since organized boxing matches at Rajadamnern boxing stadium, expanded its infra structure and gradually developed it so that it has now become one of the world-renowned boxing stadiums and an institution of Muaythai in Thailand.
Rajadamnern Stadium Fight Nights:
There are fights on every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday at 18.00-21.00 o’clock and Sunday 17.00-21.00 o’clock but it closes every important Buddhist days.
The tourist attractions near Rajadamnern Stadium:
1. Sanam Luang (Royal Plaza) is an open field and public square in front of Wat Phra Kaew and Grand Palace.
2. Grand Palace is a complex of buildings in Bangkok. It served as the official residence of the Kings of Thailand from the 18th century onwards. Construction of the Palace began in 1782, during the reign of King Rama I, when he moved the capital across the river from Thonburi to Bangkok.
3. Wat Saket (Golden Mountain Temple) has many sacred places in the temple such as Golden Mountain and the other sacred places.
History of Lumpini Stadium
Lumpini Stadium was opened in 8 December B.E.2499 (C.E.1956) and it is one of seven standard boxing rings in Thailand. Lumpini Stadium is a very famous Thai boxing ring which has created many well-known boxers to be champions of Thailand. Moreover, the stadium has promoted MuayThai Martial art in both Thailand and foreign counties. For domestic activities, it encourages boxers in their careers and the promoters present entertainment to all who are interested in this particular sport.
Purposes of Lumpini Stadium:
1. Lumpini boxing stadium gives services to the Royal Thai Army officials and supports various departments of the Royal Thai Army.
2. Protect and promote MuayThai Martial art to be the individual art of the Thai people as U-DO of Japan and TEKWANDO of the Republic of South Korea.
3. Upgrade career for Thai and western boxers to be a permanent and firm one.
4. Create the champion of the western boxers in order to promote the renown of the Thai nation.
5. Co-operate with various Institutions that aim at the same goal.
Lumpini Stadium Fight Nights:
There are fights on every Tuesday, Friday at 18.30-23.00 o’clock, Saturday on 16.30-24.00 o’clock.
The tourist attractions near Lumpini Stadium:
1. Lumpini Park is a big natural park and there are several places for exercising in the park. Moreover, the park has many enjoyable activities.
2. Lumpini Night Bazaar is a night shopping center where there are many goods for sale. Moreover, in this shopping center have several bars for drinkers.
3. Silom Road is a road in downtown. There are many well-known restaurants, pubs and shopping mall. In addition, there are many low price goods in this road that are cheaper than the shopping center.
reference: http://www.rajadamnern.com/ , http://www.muaythailumpini.com/